This website is part of the 1 Happy Place portfolio. It allows you to look at a variety of website structures and styles, helping you to make decisions about the structure of your own website. This is an example of a multi-page website with a blog built with a custom theme.
What is a Blog?
A blog represents articles that are posting in timely fashion. On your website you have pages, such as this page and then blog posts, such as the articles you see under the Blog section of the website.
In essence, blog posts and regular website pages are not much different. The difference is the role in which they play:
- Pages are prominent on your website and used by website visitors to learn more about you and your business easily and quickly at any time – there is no information that would expire with time
- Pages represent your business today and only your business, for example if you host events, you should only discuss your events on your main website pages, if you list other events, it is confusing to website visitors.
- Posts are sorted by time, with the most recent posts shown at the top of the list
- Posts are meant to be timely
- Posts can be interactive as website visitors can comment on the post and you can reply
- You can expand into other information that is not directly related to your business, for example if there are other events related to your business but at other venues, you can use a blog to discuss them and provide links to the other website
On this website, you can see how a blog posts work:
- Each blog post has a featured video (which can also be an image)
- Each blog post has a category and possibly tags, you can click on those links and see a group of posts that share those subjects
- One ore two blog posts look different on the blog summary page – those are sticky posts
- The home page has the latest three posts (and a sticky post if one has been designated as such)
Enjoy and don’t hesitate to send me questions!